Saturday, November 10, 2012

October Highlights and Milestones

I know -it's November  and I am giving October Highlights and Milestones.  What I do is keep a list going in the current month in my draft section for my blog posts.  It is hidden during the month and as the month moves along I continue to update it. Then I don't have to remember it all at the end of the month.  I've decided to keep a monthly log of the new or emerging growth of my boys.  I'm sure there will be a few ho-hum types of entries too but all of it worth remembering.  Here is what I'd like to remember about October.

My Little Love (3.5 yrs):
  • He's grown a ton!  Finally wearing 3T with the waist cinched in all the way.
  • Weighs 30 lbs!
  • Learning to play poker (not my idea) and really likes it.
  • Growing reading ability.  Pointing out words he knows, discussing sounds letters, blends and digraphs.  Spelling words based on his knowledge.
  • Writes his name on things.  He used to write his name if you asked him but now he will sometimes just go ahead and do it.
  • Adding numbers.
  • Very interested in cooking.  Wants to help me bake and fix dinner.  His dinner job this month has been to peel carrots.

My Tiny Love (4 months):
  • Full on laugh!  LOVE his laugh.
  • Can sleep 6 consecutive hours overnight This changed by the end of the month :-(((  He was only sleeping 2 hours at a time!  He did have a cold.  I really hope he learns how to sleep again.
  • Went to childcare while I went to Bible Study!
  • Lasted through date night in childcare!  AWESOME!
  • Starting to grab, hold, and move toys in his hands. I think he is intentionally squeezing the crinkly toys.
  • Weighs over 16lbs!
  • Rolls over - first time was the day before his 4 month appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment