Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Race Car Driver Costume Update

The past week has been a week of stuffy and runny noses, tissues scattered, excessive hand washing (by me) and little sleep (Also me but not because of sickness... because everyone else was not sleeping!).

Steve and Silas had the bug first and I thought Augustus and I had escaped but... no.  Gus seemed to showed signs of teething with excessive drooling, chewing on his hands and poor sleep.  But, when he started snoring at night I knew the stuffy nose had caught on.  He slept poorly... so did I!

It seems we are all on the mend.  I think the fact that I still take my prenatal vitamins has helped me fend off the worst of it.  I still need to go get a flu shot though... I can't imagine getting the flu with having to be a mom too!  Luckily I can still function with little sleep.

Putting this costume together has not been too overwhelming since we started so early.  The fun project has helped us keep our mind off the illness too.  It is not totally finished yet but with the helmet being the true highlight, here is the latest. I'll post the full costume on Halloween.





No comments:

Post a Comment