Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A new year of connections, discovery and fun! Join us!

Notebook collection

{image by Dvortygirl}

I have decided one place I want to take this blog.

About five years back I was struggling a bit with my spirituality and tried to figure out how to open up to some answers.  I was a teacher at the time and was very familiar with planning for kids.  I loved projects so I wrote ten chapters of a book.  In it were projects for parents to do with children that would help them come to some conclusions about who they are, where they want to go, and about what is inside them already and how to not only love it but use it to follow their dreams.

Then life crept up on me and before I knew it my husband and I were off to live in South Korea.  We stayed for two and a half years and had our first son there.  When my husband's contract was over we came home but only for eight months before leaving our home again and living in the Republic of Georgia for 10 months.

During our the span of time from S. Korea to Georgia and back to the US, the idea of trying to publish the book was lost in the midst of real life personal discovery.  Ironically I wrote a book about discovery only to be led abroad after completing the last chapter.  Obviously the soul searching from then on did not come from projects in my book, but on inner personal struggles, life challenges, new enriching experiences, friendships that have enhanced my life and sacrifices made to make it all happen.  It was a great ride.  And, the ride is not over, in any of us, until we rest in peace.  We all have that in common.

Globe trotting or not, this current time spent here is no less exciting.  No mother's life is without excitement!  It's the lens with which we look that makes all the difference.

The transient lifestyle is a fast friend maker but also a heart breaker.  Since you're in the same boat you make friends fast but you leave people, they leave you, you wind up in places and have to re-start.  Even coming home is a re-start.  Anyway, we've been back in the US for a little over a year.  Aside from trying to make new friends, we've had a second child.  I am a stay at home mom still and I have a great desire to connect with other moms, or other women.  Although I am a member of different mom/child groups, sometimes it's hard to build up a relationship.  I want a platform for that.  This blog is that.  It's the platform. 

So, what does this all have to do with my book?  Did you already see this coming?

I decided to take a look at that book I put together years ago.  I am going to take my oldest son (who is three and a half)  and walk through the exercises and projects.  I wonder what lessons I've learned since I wrote it originally.  To the projects we'll probably make lots of edits, change the rules and come up with some really fun ideas.  We'll probably have a great time.  We are going to uncover ourselves.

Would you like to join us?

I am going to open myself to any of you who'd like to connect with us by way of these projects.  So, every month we are going to work on one of the chapters I wrote.  Please join.  Please share.  Please connect with us.

Join my mailing list now in the upper right hand corner of this page.  I'll keep you updated.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment