Saturday, January 5, 2013

Goal Setting 2013

Everyone has a post about Goal Setting right?  It's important.  If you don't set goals then you can't measure progress.  I guess sometimes it's scary since putting them down on paper may seem like writing a contract.  What if they don't get done?I'm going to try to think of it as a contract to myself or even an investment.  It changes the feeling from overwhelming to inspiring.  I want and need to be good to myself.  And for me, these goals set me up for working towards or through something so that I'll be better when it's accomplished or at least attempted.

Sometimes when you are working through something you thought was important you uncover something else that becomes the focus instead.  I think that's OK too.  Granted, if every goal changed mid-stream there wouldn't be much point to it.  Setting multiple goals makes it very likely that I will accomplish some, maybe change a few and in every case uncover something in myself.

Here is my list of 20 Goals for 2013.  I wrote out my list and then sorted them out into categories to make sure there was a well rounded list.  I will review them again in June. 

Travel
Visit 2 National Parks
Go Hiking with the boys

Fitness
Run a race or a fun run
Take a Zumba class
Get fitted with good running shoes - maybe at Boulder Running Company

Photography/Illustrator
Get my work flow down for dealing with editing photo- suggestions please!
Finish all the projects in Illustrator Classroom in a Book
Try digital scrap booking- (Elise Blaha's blog has pretty cool tips for this...Here is where I think I will start. And Here too! and Becky Higgins has something special to try as well!)
Take one brother photo each month- where brothers are happily enjoying each others company

Family
Learn to make an Americano with my espresso machine
Consistently write down meals I've made in my meal calendar
Get that baby sleep trained!

Entertainment
Go see a Film on the Rocks
Go to a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater

Blogging
Write at least 24 blog posts (that's 2 a month).
Blog my each project from my book while making edits
Make a chapter list for a new book of 10 new projects
Make a "blog friend"

Me Time
Complete reading the bible in full on my phone.  I'm already on day 30!
Make at least one date with a friend outside the house every month

*******************
What are your goals?
How do you set them?
*******************

No comments:

Post a Comment