Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chocolate Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti

Yes, Another Biscotti Recipe.  This one is good too.  Maybe Baking Biscotti should be a featured series. :-)

I've decided to send some out to my little brother.  He apparently has discovered my father's hidden stash.  Recently I found out that whenever I send biscotti to my dad he hides it to drink with his tea.  My little brother found out and is now also a biscotti fan!

This recipe is pretty similar to my other biscotti recipe but has just a few changes.  When I first tried it out it tasted like a brownie!  It just wasn't chewy but nice and crunchy instead.  It is also not as full of sugar and butter!

Chocolate Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 stick of butter softened (1/2 cup)
2 large eggs
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup dried cranberries

To Prepare:
Preheat the oven again to 350°F degrees.
Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Then cream butter, eggs and sugar in a separate bowl. Combine and fold together all ingredients adding in the mini chocolate chips and cranberries.  I use the paddle attachment in my kitchen aid mixer but a good spatula and some elbow grease will do the trick.

Form two logs on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (you will be glad you used the parchment paper).  Press the log down to make about 1/2 in high.  Now, it's a loaf.  The loaf should be about 12-14 inches long and about 2 inches wide.

Place the loaf in the preheated oven.  Bake for about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the loaves to cool on a wire rack.

Use a long serrated knife (bread knife) to cut the loaf into slices along the width.

Lay the slices on their sides on the cookie sheet again lined with parchment (I reuse the same paper).  Bake at 350°F for about 10-15 minutes. 
Remove from the oven and allow to cool.

They last for at least two weeks!  Bring them along to your hostess in a nice tin or decorated box.  Just be sure to seal them in an airtight container so they will retain their crispiness and their fresh baked flavor!


Enjoy this delicious treat!
P.S.  There will be more Biscotti.  I just can't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment